We are t-minus eighteen days from launch! As you can see in the picture, the books are starting to trickle in. Since we're getting closer, let me share a few more details about the upcoming release of Leaving Pharaoh's House. First off, the date is still Saturday, October 5, 2019, so mark it on your calendar. But now we have a location! The release party will be at Scoops Ice Cream & Eatery, here in Salem, Missouri from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Why at a restaurant and not a bookstore?
I've been asked why at a restaurant instead of a bookstore. Here's why.
- First off, David and Shelly, the owners of Scoops, are dear friends and they graciously allowed me to launch my last book there a couple of years ago.
- Second, why wouldn't I launch my book in a place that people love to go? It's an ICE CREAM shop! Even if you don't buy a book when you come, you can still buy some yummy ice cream... you're looking at a win for yourself no matter what!
- Third, it's a great place to hang out. Sure I could go do this at the library, or at a bookstore in Rolla, but they're just not great hang-out spots. Don't just come see me, but plan to bring the family, sit down, get some delicious food, and share some life with other people in the community. If we're going to do this, let's do it right and have some good times.
"So you're saying there's a chance!"
You have a chance to win a free combo of Leaving Pharaoh's House and the Personal Study Guide. There will be three winners chosen, and all you have to do is this.
- Go to this Facebook link. CLICK HERE
- Leave a comment, and share the image to your personal Facebook timeline.
- On October 4, three winners will be randomly selected from those who commented and shared - you must do both to qualify.
- You will be notified via Private Message if you are a winner.
If you don't have a Facebook account, I'm sorry. You'll need to be an FB user to participate in the drawing. But for the rest of you, get to sharing and commenting, and good luck!
See you at Scoops on October 5... I can't wait!